East London, London
£35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits
8 months ago
My client, a UK leading Media business is looking for a Finance Manager to join their head office team.
Reporting to Finance Director, the Finance Manager will be responsible for:
- First point of contact for all company Revenues and Costs.
- Responsible for the company overheads posting accurately onto Sage on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for all invoices to be accurate and sent out on time to clients.
- Preparation of Board Meeting Information for Finance Director to prepare the Board pack.
- Month End pack is to be completed by the 13th working day of every month so that the FD and MD have the time to go through margins and other expenses for the business.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable.
- Accountable for all payments out of the bank accounts. Would need to get the relevant approvals before any payment gets sent out.
- Responsible for Monthly Payroll from inputting all of the relevant information into Sage Payroll, processing the data through the system as well as printing out Payslips and handing them out to everyone in the office.
- First point of call for payments to Healthcare, Pensions and Childcare Vouchers.
- Liaising with our preferred Accounting firm to supply any information for any audits.
- Responsible for uploading all relevant information onto OSMO for Lloyds Bank. Also, first point of call for all handling of Bank issues with Lloyds and Barclaycard with all Company Credit Cards.
- On a quarterly basis, responsible for preparing and submitting the VAT Returns.
- Required to help other members of staff regarding any budgets they have drawn up and be there to help them correct the spreadsheet before it gets sent through to the client.
- Working closely with the Head of PR and PR Account Directors to make sure that resourcing has been completed on a monthly basis.
- Monthly Budget meetings with the relevant stakeholders within the Business to give the FD a full breakdown on where current spend for Entertainment, Recruitment and New Business is compared to the Budget.
- Work with the sub teams to make sure that they are working within the budgets they have been set for the year (i.e., Client Love, Marketing & New Business as well as the Social Budgets)
- Training the Financial Assistants within the team.
- On top of all of the roles and responsibilities listed above, you will need to work with the rest of the wider team look at things more commercially to manage costs effectively.
The successful candidate will be:
- Part Qualified / Finalist level of their ACCA / CIMA
- Have experience as a Management Accountant within a Media business
- Have experience with WIP and Revenue