City of London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum
3 months ago
A new opportunity has become available for a newly qualified Financial Accountant to join a leading Bank in the city of London. They offer an exciting position with the opportunity to learn and progress within the company.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the accurate maintenance of financial records which the bank administrates. He/she shall assist in implementing the accounting policies of the Bank in line with relevant reporting standards, and ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements.
The CFO has specified that the candidate comes from a practice background and ideally working with Financial Services clients.
- Preparation of sections of the year-end financial statements
- Production of statutory financial statements (IFRS)
- Undertake investigations and inspections of data
- Provide advice to internal clients relating to relevant financial products or transactions
- Supervise and trains new team members
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and respond to queries
- Ad hoc project work
- Newly qualified accountant ACA/ACCA/ or equivalent
- Big 4 / Top 20 background
- Educated to degree level with strong academics
- Statutory financial accounts preparation and/or audit experience on financial accounts
- Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Excellent computer skills including advanced Excel ability
- Sociable personality - outgoing, confident communicator
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load
Salary £50000 - £55000