£55000 - £65000 per annum
5 months ago
Great opportunity to join a well known Financial services business based near Reading as a Financial Accountant. The business have high staff retention and offer a good team environment. You will need to have experience from a larger business and either be an ACA from Practice or ACCA/CIMA from Industry (a large multinational business).
The role is very "hands on" and takes responsibility for an entity of the business. Therefore your previous experience must be well rounded.
As a Financial Accountant you will be a member of the reporting team.
- All aspects of management, regulatory and statutory reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparation of the accounts including preparation of month end journals covering treasury, accruals, prepayments, income.
- Identification of areas for improvement and moving swiftly to find solutions and suggest appropriate procedures and controls.
- Maintain the quality and improve the efficiency of financial reporting.
- Effective liaison with auditors and management of the internal and external audit process.
- Preparation of technical accounting papers and policy documents where required;
- Appreciation of the impact of and ability to report in a multi GAAP, multi currency environment;
- Preparation of accurate management information including, statistical data, financial statement preparation and management reports.
- Preparation of regulatory returns (monthly, quarterly, annual, etc) where required;
- Maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley process documentation.
- Monthly reconciliations and review of operations team reconciliations.
- Providing supervision of and support for two financial accountants, coaching and reviewing work where appropriate;
- Acting as back-up for other members of staff in their absence as appropriate;
- Able and willing to take on ad hoc projects including acquisitions, new commercial developments, regulatory or system changes and the performance of such other duties as may be required from time to time.
You will be a Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent with exceptional interpersonal skills.