City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
2 months ago
Financial Accountant - Insurance
A newly created opportunity has become available for a Financial Accountant to join a leading insurance firm in the City of London. They offer an exciting position with the opportunity to learn and progress within the company so an ambitious indivdual is a must.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for the accurate maintenance of financial records which the bank administrates. He/she shall assist in implementing the accounting policies of the Bank in line with relevant reporting standards, and ensure compliance with internal and external reporting requirements.
The CFO has specified that the candidate comes from a practice background and ideally working with Financial Services clients.
- Assist with the monthly close process, including the monitoring of tasks, review of inputs/journals/ system feeds and review of key financial outputs
- Reconciliations between different source systems, helping to maintain a strong control framework
- Understanding data flows through financial architecture and investigating/ resolving issues as they occur
- Assist with the production of the monthly & quarterly management reports
- Completing preparation/ review tasks for the on-line balance sheet support tool
- Involvement in project work including the Brexit transition and an on-going finance transformation project
- Experience of working for an Insurance Accounting team or alternatively within a top tier accountancy practice
- Part qualified/finalist level ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Experience of working in a complex financial services environment
- Strong financial accounting background and understanding
- Familiarity with Oracle Fusion (General Ledger), TM1 and Hyperion desirable, as well as the online reconciliation tool BlackLine advantageous but not essential
- Experienced MS Excel user (pivots, if statements, lookups and experience of working with large amounts of data)
- Someone that can work accurately and effectively in a deadline driven environment
- Someone that is able to think quickly and clearly under pressure
- A dynamic individual that can adapt quickly to change