City of London, London
£70000 - £75000 per annum
7 months ago
Financial Controller - Manufacturing and Operations
- Based in the City of London
- Genuine Temporary to Permanent Opportunity - Immediate Start
With a strong global presence and well-known name in the industry for their quality of product this City based business are now searching for a new Financial Controller. This position is responsible for developing manufacturing accounting and reporting systems and helping achieve the strategic goals of the company. This position is a key member of the leadership team and will be a general resource for key business initiatives throughout the company, reporting directly to the FD of the Division.
In this key leadership role, you will lead and mentor a team ensuring timely and accurate reporting, robust controls and commercial insights to drive commercial decision-making. More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring timely and accurate preparation of month-end accounts and compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Partnering with sales and operations teams to identify opportunities and drive performance and profitability
- Managing Working Capital to ensure sound financial investments are made
- Leading and mentoring a team to ensure continual progression opportunities
- Driving financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, strategy and management reporting.
- Lead all plant accounting and finance activities from system development to reporting and analysis.
- Identify, evaluate and lead key initiatives such as improvement projects, cost saving initiatives and system development projects. Key member of continuous improvement team.
- Drive operations towards consistency in financial practices and reporting. Lead change management activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ACA/ACCA/CA/CPA candidates preferred
- 5+ years of previous experience in manufacturing or FMCG environment
- Manufacturing cost system development and implementation experience required
- ERP system experience required
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate meaningful insights and recommendations derived from data and analysis to senior management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-plant, multi-entity environment