We are hiring a Group Technical Accountant for a Global data andconsulting business based in London. This role reports into the Group Technical Accounting Manager and is in a team of 4. Flexible working, 2-3 days in the office in Central London.
* Project manage the technical accounting / group reporting workstream for various projects.
* Prepare technical accounting papers for management and the auditors.
* Preparation and presentation of accounting and financial reports to the audit committee
* Supporting the consolidation and external reporting requirements ensuring compliance with accounting standards
* Liaise with the audit team
* Contribute to the development and maintenance of accounting policies, procedures and systems for relevant accounting and reporting,
* Provide high quality and practical training and education for finance and non-finance colleagues
* Identify process improvements and assist in the implementation of related processes and controls.
* Assist with other ad hoc Group Finance related tasks and projects as required.
The ideal candidate:
- Experienced candidate from a Big 4 background
- Proven ability to analyse compex financial infomation
- Strong technical background e.g IFRS 13