City of London, London
£300 - £350 per day
21 days ago
Group Reporting Manager
This position will lead a talented and dedicated team of financial accountants and will take on key responsibilities for half-year & annual reporting, technical accounting, external audit management and supporting our independent assurance program.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide the CFO, Executive and Board with reliable and relevant financial accounting information across all business activities
- Prepare external financial reports in accordance with relevant regulations and standards
- Manage group external audit process, including proactive identification and resolution of all significant accounting matters and technical issues globally
- Hold accountability for group technical accounting policies and guidance, including new accounting standards in support of business unit financial reporting teams
- Support Group Tax in resolution of key tax effect accounting matters and issues
- Manage independent assurance program (internal audit) in conjunction with the Group Risk Manager
- You're an experienced senior technical accountant with proven leadership ability
- Together we'll deliver first-class business support and reporting standards
About your experience
Our ideal candidate has ACA credentialing and sound post-degree technical accounting experience gained in a commercial environment. Alternatively, you've gained relatable consulting experience in a leading accounting firm with evidence of career progression.
You're known for having great people leadership and stakeholder engagement / management skills and a strong ability to translate technical concepts for a wide, often non-financial audience.