City of London, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum
5 months ago
Our client, an International Bank based in the City of London are looking to recruit a new Head of Middle East/Asia desk to lead and grow their business proposition in the Middle East & Asia through strategic relationship management. You will be well versed in correspondent banking, trade finance, syndications, cash management, commercial lending and credit and other staples of the profession. This position will be reporting directly to the Head of Business Development and you will be expected to;
- Contribute to high level strategic discussions
- Lead the Middle East/Asia division of Business Development
- Possess a deep understanding of the industry and exercise a strong sense of direction and leadership
- Champion the growth agenda for the Middle East/Asia business
- Ensure compliance with the Conduct Rules set out below
- Initiate, formulate, agree, and implement business strategies to grow the Middle East/Asia business for the bank and deliver prescribed levels of customer satisfaction as well as achieving agreed financial targets and non-financial objectives
Main responsibilities will include;
- To contribute to the overall relationships strategy and business plans and further initiate, co-ordinate and implement the business plan and monitor progress towards its achievement.
- To identify and disseminate information and alert management to trends and risks and opportunities to maximise earnings.
- To identify emerging market countries and tap lucrative business transactions to expand the Bank's portfolio and enhance revenue generation at an acceptable risk.
- To monitor the market and competitors' activities ensuring that opportunities for new business are not overlooked and market share is not eroded.
- To maintain regular official and social contact with customers through visiting and networking.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of an effective marketing strategy in order to maintain and increase market share, as well as generate profitable business opportunities.
- To maintain the business portfolio risk profile within agreed parameters at all times, including effective monitoring and reporting of irregularities, updating information on customer KYC, AML etc.
- To initiate and recommend credit proposals.
- To develop, implement and monitor the Middle East/Asia plans and marketing strategy.
- To drive the budget of the Desk and direct reports.
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following background, experience and skills;
- Educated to a degree level
- Good organisational leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal).
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of onshore banking, trade finance, treasury, syndications and other cross functional products.
- Strong marketing skills, with ability to interpret complex financial information.
- A good understanding of the general, economic, political and business environment of especially the Middle East/Asia region.
- Business results and customer service focused.