£30000 - £35000 per annum
3 months ago
Role: Income Accountant
Sector: Financial Services
Salary: £30000 - £35000
This role is responsible for managing all aspects of income related services. The successful with have 2-3 years work experience and be studying towards an accountacy qualification.
The key responsibilities of the role revolve around managing the companies research income:
- Raising invoices (fixed and variable RPAs) and ensuring that cash receipts are properly matched against invoices. Reporting on and following up on unpaid invoices.
- Monthly accruals for income - including allocations to the correct client and business unit.
- Updating of sub-systems (Global Trades, Account Analysis, Hermes) and reconciling between Oracle and sub-systems.
- Raising invoices and accounting for other ad-hoc income - primarily corporate access.
- Bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
Other responsibilities of the role:
- Preparation of quarterly Sales Report. Assisting with quarterly VAT returns.
- Support when needed for Accounts Payable (Oracle) and Expenses Management (Concur)
- Cover for other tasks performed in a small finance team.
- Part Qualified Accountant. Working towards qualification in ACCA, ACA or CIMA exams.
- Willingness to challenge and revise existing processes
- Comfortable working as part of a small and organisationally flat team
- Vey strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills - locally within the Finance Team and with the business; globally with US parent.
- Good Excel skills