City of London, London
£30000 - £38000 per annum + study support
19 days ago
ROLE: Assistant Management Accountant
LOCATION: Central London
SALARY: £30000 - £38000
KennedyPearce are recruiting a part qualified Management Accountant on behalf of a leading architecture firm based in central London.
The finance department is made up of three people and is agile, relaxed department. This is a newly created role, designed to support the Head of Finance to provide the business stakeholders with accurate & timely management reports.
The ideal candidate will be part qualified (ACCA/CIMA) and be actively studying towards qualifying. The candidate will have a proven track record of working in a small business background and have great attention to detail as well as being able to see "the bigger picture".
The Management Accountant must be happy to get involved at all levels, as this is a small department and it is sometimes necessary to cover other roles. Confidence is a must as this role requires dealing with many different stakeholders of the business so excellent communication skills are also key.
- Calculation of accruals & prepayments of income, costs and inter-company, using IFRS principles.
- Prepare and post journals
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts reconciled to trial balance
- Monthly variance analysis (by comparing to budget/forecast) and exception reporting
- Monthly & quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Action any queries post month-end; i.e AP mis-posting etc.
- Assist with the SOX and year-end audit by providing all relevant information to the auditors
- Update & maintain fixed assets, post & reconcile fixed asset register
- Monthly analysis of aged debtor & creditor reports for monthly reporting
- Journals and reconcile net wage and PAYE control accounts
- Preparation, submission and payment of VAT return (quarterly)
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and SOX requirements
- Continuously reviewing current processes and making improvements to allow better control or improved efficiencies
- Ad-hoc duties
- Degree level educated
- Currently sutyding towards ACCA/CIMA
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive, can do attitude
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Happy to take responsibility and ownership for tasks set
- Open to different approaches to find the best solution
- High attention to detail with a strong desire to learn
- Strong excel and systems skills (Maconomy/Cartesis would be an advantage)
- A proactive and inquisitive approach at all times and, a desire to contribute to continual improvements to processes and working methods.
£30000 - £38000 + study support