City of London, London
£30000 - £33000 per annum + Benefits
12 months ago
KennedyPearce are currently recruiting a Management Accountant on behalf of a national leading publishing company.
This role is based in the medium sized finance tema and reporting into the Head of Financial reporting. The purpose of the role is to help prepare the month end financial statements by ensuring that the Head of Financial Reporting and Group Financial Controller have all information they require, and by taking responsibility for producing monthly Profit and Loss accounts.
- Preparation of month end Profit and Loss Accounts for publishing divisions, ensuring revenues and costs are accurately stated. Production of full profit and loss account (including overheads) for certain divisions.
- Performing month end and quarter end balance sheet reconciliations for all relevant accounts and providing detailed explanations for any variances.
- Prepare statements of earnings on specific titles to enable payment to authors of appropriate royalties due.
- Prepare statements of earnings & costs on specific titles to enable payment to authors of appropriate profit share.
- Provide assistance and support where required during the annual budget process to enable the budget to be produced.
- Work closely with the relevant Commercial Directors and Analyst to better understand actual and forecast data, providing assistance and support where required.
This person will ideally be degree qualified and part qualified on ACCA/CIMA
This role is paying up to £35k max.