City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
7 days ago
Great opportunity to join one of the world's largest real estate investment businesses as a Qualified Accountant to work as part of the finance team. Primary responsibility is to manage the European Real Estate Funds.
You will be a Qualified Accountant with ideally Real Estate or Property experience. Alternatively you will be from the Big 4 with Property Audit experience.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to) -
- Analysis of reporting packages received from local account managers and portfolio companies across Europe;
- Assist in the preparation of the year end audited IFRS financial statements for Real Estate funds;
- Work in a team to co-ordinate the European audit process, liaising with local, group and global auditors to ensure that information is provided on a timely basis and that deadlines are met;
- Preparation of quarterly management information for senior management presenting all key metrics for the Funds;
- Preparation of regular and ad-hoc reports;
- Preparation of reports / data for the annual Limited Partners meeting.
Asset Management Support
- Co-ordinate bridging finance for new deals and manage the FX exposure for the Funds;
- Oversee financial aspects of certain Blackstone portfolio companies and SPVs;
- Support asset management team with ad hoc financial information / analysis as required;
- Act as central point of contact between Blackstone and various service providers.
- Assist in maintenance of controls at Fund level and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley controls;
- Preparation of investor specific reporting including fund level forecasts and performance summaries;
- Ad hoc project work.
- Degree qualified, Chartered Accountant with approximately 1-3 years post qualification experience or ACCA / CIMA with equivalent experience gained in industry;
- Relevant industry experience only in Real Estate or Property;
- Strong technical accounting skills with IFRS.
You will be a a team player who can produce deliverables of a high quality and have an ability to work independently and to take on additional responsibilities. You will need to be focused on deadlines and timely delivery and well as have strong communication.