City of London, London
£22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
14 days ago
An exciting career opportunity has arisen for a Nostro Reconciliation Associate to join a leading bank in the heart of the City.
The successful candidate must have a background within the banking industry and have a minimum of 1 years' experience working with Nostro reconciliations.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all Nostro accounts are up to date and managed proactively to ensure that accounts allocated to concerned Nostro staff are reconciled, and address and follow up any queries relating to reconciliation.
- Daily supervision & managing of Nostro reconciliation team.
- Ensure that all the Nostro accounts are balanced on a daily basis.
- Assist staff with enquiries related to receipt/non receipt of funds in the Nostro Accounts.
- Prepare Swift messages for return of funds and other queries.
- Reporting of ageing analysis of unreconciled Nostro entries to senior management.
- Raise queries where there are outstanding entries.
- Preparation of reports & Inter company reconciliation
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Carry out duties given by the Assistant manager for Nostro Recons and other miscellaneous work.
- Liaise with other branches as well as other departments to ensure that correct entries have been posted for Nostro accounts.
- Provide cover for Nostro staff on leave & during quarter/annual closing.
- A- levels or equivalent
- 1 - 3 years experience in accounting
- 1 year minimum Reconciliation experience (Nostro)
- Studying towards accountancy qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Finacle desirable
- Excellent team player with good communication skills
- Reliable, dependable with high standards and attention to detail.
- Self-driven and self-reliant.