City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
AF - PS - 3964_1560953331
5 months ago
Key Responsibility 1 - Manage Payroll Function
- To assist in the functioning of payroll, providing a fully efficient payroll service to clients and all contacts.
- Assist with onboarding new clients.
- Cover for colleagues in the event of absence.
Key Responsibility 2 - Processing/Production
- Process & production of approximately 60 monthly payrolls, 5 weekly payrolls and 40 annual payrolls.
- Upload reports to client and release payslips to employees.
- Process month end for all payrolls and process year end procedure via payroll software, individually for each client.
- Forward payrolls into the New Year.
Key Responsibility 3 - Statutory / Legal requirements
- Upload RTI to HMRC on a monthly & weekly basis at the appropriate time, for all clients.
- Prepare pension files for those on board with auto enrolment and send to Pension Provider or Client.
Key Responsibility 4 - Administration and Communication
- Send emails via the portal for changes in pension, print and send letters where necessary
- Respond to client queries via email and or by phone.
- Print P60's at year end and distribute to clients.
- Deal with queries from HMRC or the correspondence which generates a query regarding client Tax & NI.
- Provide advice to clients regarding Tax & NI issues and payroll related queries.
- Liaise with the Team Internally regarding client queries. Liaise with pension providers where necessary, HMRC, DWP.
Key Responsibility 5 - Payroll Knowledge
- Remain conversant with payroll legislation and changes - browse HMRC website for updates and bulletins.
Key Responsibility 6 - Document Manager
- Ensure all payroll reports and documentation are kept on file as per statutory requirements
Ensure compliance with all relevant policies and legislation
- Ensure the firm's Anti-Money Laundering policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the firm's Anti-Bribery policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all client data or data that can identify a specific individual is processed, stored and retained in compliance with firm policy and GDPR legislation.
- Ensure you do not engage in any activity or practice which would constitute an offence under a UK tax evasion facilitation offence under section 45(1) of the Criminal Finances Act 2017; or a foreign tax evasion facilitation offence under section 46(1) of the Criminal Finances Act 2017
a foreign tax evasion facilitation offence under section 46(1) of the Criminal Finances Act 2017;
- Ensure full compliance and adherence to all policies and procedures as detailed in the firm's staff handbook.
- Communication & Team Skills
- Technical skills
- Professionalism and client focus
- Adaptability, Initiative and Openness to Change
- Organisation and Result Delivery
- Problem Solving and Analysis
A very experienced payroller, confident to manage workload unsupervised and meet deadlines. Preferably used to high volume payrolls and sometimes working under pressure. Must have a keen eye for detail and maintain accuracy, good communication skills require.
Strong IT skills are essential.
Generic knowledge and skills
Qualified in payroll processes and procedures, by experience.
Sound knowledge of Auto-enrolment processes.
Specific knowledge and skills
Experience with Earnie Payroll software useful but not essential and training will be provided. Experience of MS products useful and ability to learn other systems.