City of London, London
£23000 - £25000 per annum
6 months ago
A leading financial services firm in the city are looking to hire an Purchase Ledger to join their team. They offer an exciting position with the opportunity to learn and progress within the company.
The client are looking to recruit a positive, reliable, well organised, keen on the detail individual who is happy to learn and enjoy working in a busy environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing firm and have exposure to different areas of the business as you develop your career.
- Preparing and running the weekly supplier payment runs for all subsidiaries.
- Posting invoices accurately to weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Timely and accurate delivery of payment cycle for suppliers.
- Ensure correct authorisations are obtained.
- Sending payment runs via BACs.
- Inspect and resolve misallocated costs.
- Investigate and resolve queries associated with supplier invoices and recharges.
- Ensure accurate application of VAT to invoicing and cost allocations.
- Confirm invoices are checked and approved in line with policy and operational guidelines.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of accounts payable files
Skills required -
- 1 year experience in Accounts Payable
- Great knowledge of financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements)
- Strong Excel is a pre-reqiuste
- Strong attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy and adherence to all controls
- Sociable personality - outgoing, confident communicator
- Self-motivated and able to work to strict deadlines
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load
Salary: £23000 - £25000