City of London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum + 10% - 20% bonus, holiday, pension.
4 months ago
Senior Associate - Real Estate
A Senior Associate position has arisen within the finance team in the real estate division of a leading Asset Management firm in London.
The successful candidate will initially have full responsibility to manage the financial control and reporting for a legacy fund, several co-invest vehicles, and assist with the management of the firm's Real Estate, value add funds.
Reporting to a Fund Controller and joining a team of existing qualified accountants and more junior colleagues in London, the individual will be expected to build strong working relationships across the European Real Estate operation (including with members of the Investment team) and with international head office.
- Review and prepare capital call and distribution notices and cash allocation schedules
- Fund level cash monitoring; calculate fund reserves, monitor cash requirements
- Manage Fund level debt facility (drawdowns / repayments / monitoring availability / extensions)
- Oversight of fund administrators' output and evaluate performance against service agreements
- Review work performed by junior members of the Finance team to ensure they are preparing work efficiently and to a high standard
- Key role in the quarterly IRR projections process. Maintain fund models and produce sensitivity and scenario analysis for the Portfolio Managers
- Assist with quarterly fund valuation process, including preparing the gross to net adjustments for real estate investments, and preparing a summary for senior management
- Assist Deal team with Fund acquisitions / disposals / restructuring
- Liaise with the international office accountants on completing acquisitions and upstreaming distributions
- Prepare quarterly fund financial statements
- Prepare quarterly reporting to head office
- Clear queries from fund depositories and provide supporting information in a timely manner
- Act as key point person for external audit on own funds: plan year-end audit; prepare year-end files; liaise with audit team
- Ah hoc project work
- Strong academics required: Educated to a degree level at top tier university; ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA
- Private equity real estate experience would be advantageous
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, considered
- A team player, with a sense of humour
- Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure/ to a tight deadline.
- Strong Excel skills