£22000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
6 months ago
An excellent opportunity to work as a Trainee Account Handler. Full training will be provided but the ideal candidate will either have experience of speaking to customers on the phone or have previously worked within the Insurance industry. The position is to build relationships and be responsible for concluding and progressing claims e.g. property, travel and marine. On the job training will be provided on a daily basis and ability to develop career
- Be responsible for a book of clients with circa 100 open claims.
- Deal with a volume of phone calls.
- Understanding of core personal insurances and insurance principles.
- Build and maintain relationships with insurers, loss adjusters and third party providers
- Make technical decisions which are right for the client, team and company.
- Responsibility for promoting risk management advice within the team
- Ensure all preparatory information is obtained to carry out a client visit
- Keep accurate and up-to-date client details and ensure computer system notes are updated
- Chase clients for documentation and information.
- Ensure that all written correspondence to clients is professional, clear and concise.
- Check preliminary reports to ensure accuracy.
- Provide insurer and third party feedback.
- Be aware of, and understand, FCA regulations and ensure reporting is updated.
- Assist the team manager and be involved in project work when required.
Excellent communication skills
Enjoy building relationships with customers and clients
have a compassionate nature and ability to understand the client's needs
Previous experience of working in a call centre or providing customers a service within an office environment / preferably a min 12 months Insurance experience
Good IT skills
Salary £22 - £25K dependant on experience
Location : Colchester